What happened when I tried Self-Hypnosis to improve my sleep?
Sleep has always been an issue for me. Since I was a teenager I have suffered on and off with insomnia. As soon as I felt stressed, frustrated or overwhelmed my sleep is the first thing to get affected. I am in a unique position that as a hypnotherapist I utilised my trade to create a self-hypnosis track to improve my sleep.
Here I am going to give away a few tricks of the trade to explain how I went from someone that would spend hours trying to get to sleep and then have a night of poor quality sleep, to someone who can drop off to a deep sleep pretty easily.
– Progressive muscle relaxation this is the process of relaxing every muscle in the body. This
is so important because it is impossible to go to sleep in a very tense body
– Techniques to switch off my busy mind and deepen a relaxed state. I tend to use very abstract
and repetitive language as my conscious mind quickly switches off
– Suggestions to quiet the mind and focus on breathing
– Positive suggestions to let go of the worries of the day
– Prompts for creating a good sleep routine for good quality sleep
I haven’t suffered from insomnia for years now and when I do find it challenging to get to sleep or if I have a lot on my mind I usually find by just doing the progressive muscle relaxation from the top of my head to the tips of my toes helps me to transition into the land of nod.
To find out how I can support you to improve your sleep through Hypnotherapy contact me today on 07399405578 and get the rest you deserve and need.